Thermal Systems Engineer
Tarnoc is a startup that develops a new generation heat pumps: the Turbine Heat Pump. With this innovative (patented) technology, Tarnoc offers a scalable solution to make buildings in Europe scalable and sustainable. At our inspiring location at YES!Delft, a team (9) of hackers, is working on a solution to accelerate the energy transition. We are looking for a
Thermal Systems Engineer
Are you a highly skilled and experienced Thermal Systems Engineer looking for an exciting opportunity to make a difference in the world? As a Thermal Systems Engineer at Tarnoc, you will be responsible for designing and optimizing the performance of the Turbine Heat Pump, with a focus on heat exchangers. You will work closely with our team of engineers to develop and test new ideas, and you will be responsible for analyzing and interpreting data to identify trends and potential improvements.
If you are passionate about sustainability and innovation, and you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career, we encourage you to apply for this exciting position and join us in our mission to revolutionize the heating industry!
About the role:
- Designing innovative heat-exchanger layouts
- Simulating heat exchanger performance
- Collaborating with heat-exchanger manufacturers
- Validating performance of different prototypes
- Extend existing analytical methods to cover all heat exchanger configurations and manufacturing technologies
- Use of CFD to simulate flow/heat transfer and perform geometry optimisation to meet set objectives
- Size heat exchangers by applying principles of heat transfer and fluid mechanics
- Perform validation tests working alongside Test Engineers
- Create, maintain, and distribute technical material, including but not limited to, reports, best practice guidelines, design review documents, internal training, and journal/conference papers
- 5+ years of experience in thermal systems engineering
- Experience with CFD and CAD
- Master’s degree in a related field
- Ability to work independently
- Bonus Points: Experience in the development of heating appliances
- Bonus Points: Experience in automotive engineering
- Competitive salary between €45.000-75.000 per year with pension
- 25 paid holidays
- Opportunity to work on cutting-edge sustainable technology
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Last but not least; awesome team lunches
Here’s What We Value
- You want to join a fast-paced, fast-growing startup.
- You care deeply about reducing carbon emissions.
- You fully own projects, and you identify and solve problems through completion.
- You adapt to change and appreciate failures as learning opportunities, constructively sharing them with your teammates.
- You improve your teammates’ performance through collaboration. You consistently pursue personal and professional growth for yourself and your teammates.
- You voice respectful disagreement and provide high-quality constructive feedback. You’re an effective and active listener and a clear and concise communicator.
- Location: Delft
- Start date: immediately
- Apply via e-mail to: Jobs@tarnoc.nl